Nelson Mandela Day Fundraiser – Join the action!
Lungisa Haai, also known as ‘Mama Lungi’, left her full-time job and started the Siphekela-Isizwe Feeding Scheme, which runs five community kitchens in Gugulethu, Summer Greens, Khayelitsha, Dunoon and Joe Slovo. The Kolisi Foundation has been supporting and journeying with Lungisa since May 2020, seeing her kitchen grow from supporting 150 children and elders to more than 1000 daily. Her operation is no longer feasible without a vehicle upgrade to enable basic transportation of goods to and from the kitchens.
“It’s not just about feeding; we also need to empower [children].” – Lungisa. Beyond providing food support through her community kitchens, Lungisa also runs empowerment programmes and organises weekly sporting practices for the children of the communities she serves. Her community kitchens are safe and welcoming spaces for the children. And to us, Lungisa is a true community builder and leader.
We are rallying partners/donors/sponsors to join us on our mission to purchase a new bakkie for Lungisa’s community kitchens this #MandelaDay2022. The campaign will run from Friday, 8th of July until 31st July. You can get involved in your capacity or as an organisation. In the spirit of Mandela Day, Freedom of Movement will kickstart the fundraising with an R50,000 donation to the project and will also match every donation made by our customers through the FOM platform. We challenge other proudly South African brands to join in on the movement.
Click HERE to visit our fundraiser page.
How to support this campaign as an individual?
- Donate a lump sum amount.
- Donate R67 towards this campaign via GivenGain.
- Create your sub-fundraiser for this campaign to raise funds. Maybe you can run a race, do a challenge or pledge your birthday.
- Share and encourage your friends and family to donate.
How to support this campaign as a school?
- Donate a lump sum amount.
- Encourage the pupils to donate R67 towards this campaign via GivenGain.
- Match student donations as a school.
- Host a school fundraiser.
- Share and encourage the message through your networks.
How to support this campaign as an organisation?
- Encourage all your staff to donate R67 towards this project. We created a campaign page on GivenGain (click HERE), to which your staff can directly contribute.
- You can create a sub-fundraiser to track donations from your staff and clients on this page. See details on how-to below.*
- The organisation can match employee/client donations.
- Donate a lump sum amount from your organisation.
- Pledge R67 or R6,70 (or another amount) for each sale your make during a specific period.
- Encourage your online audience and clients to donate to this fundraising campaign (see social media support tools below).
- Share and encourage donation and pledging via the link provided amongst your customers and staff.
- Nominated other organisations to take part.